Thursday, December 31, 2009

another year over

There's a little over and hour left of 2009 and I use this moment to express some of my thoughts about the year and what's to come. 2009 was a an interesting year with many experiences. Through the good and the bad, I did learn a lot about myself this year.

Design is a very big part of my life now. This year I graduated from NYIT with a BFA in Fine Arts/Computer Graphics. I've taken some time to really analyze what I want to do with the skills I have acquired the past couple of years. I have witnessed that it has been difficult for many people to find a career in design. As difficult as it is, many people expect a job to land on their lap. Some go in different directions after they see the struggles. They finish school thinking design is going to give them the "big bucks".

I am proud of myself because I have surrounded myself with a team positive people that have helped me see many things I didn't before. Design isn't just a job for me anymore. Design is a lifestyle. It's crazy how people pass school with very little effort, and expect to get a job with just a portfolio. We need to have passion for what we do. When you take what you do and turn it into a lifestyle, it only gets easier. Everything runs much smoother. I only hope some take this advice and follow it because I know what it was like.

Now it's time to start of fresh. Many goals are set for the new year. Lets make 2010 great! Hope everyone has a great new years eve. Best of wishes for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment